Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A DIY Christmas!

Who says that the holidays have to break the bank? I've been talking with some people who like to utilize their creative bone for Christmas! The first idea.. that I thought was really cute was from my friend Liz. She made pine cone elves... but for a resourceful twist she made them into ornaments! Really all you need is a pine cone, some little wooden balls and felt. Very inexpensive but very cute!


Another great idea I found for people who have adults to give gifts to is these home made ice candles. They are gorgeous and look store bought! You can make them into whatever color you want! And make them as tall and skinny or as short and wide as you want. 1 lb of parafin wax is only $3.50.
Ice Candle

By far my favorite thing to craft for christmas has been for the little girls in my life. Its a very simple tutu and matching headband. All you need is tulle and elastic for the tutu and stretchy braided ribbon and silk flowers for the headband. In total for the 3 tutu's the cost is $8 and $12 for AT LEAST 10 headbands.


In short, please dont think that becaues you are on a budget that you can't give gorgeous and quality gifts! Just use your imagination and you have no idea what you could create! Please come back because I will be adding more crafty ideas and inexpensive Christmas gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment