Tuesday, December 14, 2010

10 Days until Christmas!

I cannot believe that it is only 10 days until Christmas! Where has this year gone?? My year has been filled with lots of changes, some heartbreak, lots of joy, a bit of worry and tons and tons of LAUGHTER! I have been so thankful for the people that God has decided to put in my life this year. I have grown old friendships and started new ones. I have even gained a deeper relationship with my husband.

So, getting back to the topic at hand... CHRISTMAS! It is in 10 days! My oldest and I have made a countdown paper chain and every morning he wakes up and takes one link off the chain... we started at the beginning of December and it is getting so short... AH! We also recently made sugar cookie cutouts... which I will never do again because it was the worst experience ever! I dont like it, its not fun for me. However, I am looking for some good cookie recipes so if you have any please feel free to give them to me!

In the next couple of days we will be starting some fun traditions. Baking a cake for Jesus, stuffing out stockings, wrapping presents at night, and doing Christmas Music dance parties before dinner! What are some of your traditions that you enjoy during the Christmas season? Does your family sing and play music around the piano? Do you bake cookies and pass them out to neighbors? Do you wait to decorate the Christmas tree until Christmas eve?

Even with all of the traditions, the holly-jolly-ness and the family gatherings, lets remember what this season is really all about. Its about a tiny baby who was born to save us all. Jesus is the reason for the season!
Isaiah 7:14
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

No comments:

Post a Comment