Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year... New Hopes

Happy New Year everyone!

I have had a great last couple of weeks. Christmas Eve, and Christmas Morning spent with the family at home... LOVE. Then the monday following the kids and I took a short trip to Ohio to see my mother, brother and sister. Then it was New Years Eve not long after! We spent the evening at home with a couple friends and I got the ring in 2011 with a kiss from my wonderful husband! Fortunately the kids got the memo that saturday was "sleep late day" so we didn't have to get out of bed until 9:20ish. Woo hoo!

So... the New Year comes chock-full of lots of different things. For some, new debt from overindulging at Christmas time (hopefully not though). And for others you have made a whole list of "new years resolutions." Yet for some, the new year is coming complete with new challenges. Whatever the situation... the new year is just that... NEW! It'll take most of us about 3 months to start writing 2011 at the end of the date (we will probably have to rip up about 5 checks because of this error).
     
One thing I want to challenge all of you to focus in this new year is the HOPE that we find in Christ alone. He is the one that can help you with that debt. He can help keep you on track with all of the "resolutions." And HE is the one that you cling to when you face 2011's challenges.

      Zepheniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

How amazing is that? He takes delight... in YOU. He is mighty to save... YOU. I have been finding my self lately so bogged down and feeling... hopeless. But this verse is so promising to me. God is with me... he will never forget me. He rejoices over me. Thats the big one, He rejoices over me. There are times when I feel like no one appreciates what I do or how I handle my family or whatever! But gosh... HE appreciates it! HE rejoices over it! Praise God!!! So... in closing to this topic... lean on him... trust in him... HOPE in him. This new year will NOT be perfect, no year ever is. But He loves you and will be with you no matter what  you encounter.

SOOOOOO... Being that I am a self proclaimed semi-crunch mama, I have decided that in each post I will share with you one of my new fav crunchy finds! This weeks Crunchy find of the week is Amy's Organics. They are frozen, canned, or jarred items... all premade and easy... but all organic! Everything is vegetarian, and there are gluten free products as well. The best thing about them is that they are easy on the wallet! This afternoon for lunch I had Amy's lentil soup... oh my gosh! DELISH! I buy this stuff at Walmart... but I'm sure you can get it at most places. Please check it out... I really really recommend it!
http://www.amyskitchen.com/index.php

Well thats all for this week. Let me know if you try Amy's Organics or have tried them in the past and let me know what YOU thought of them! Also, leave any prayer requests or any New Years resolutions that you would like to share with us! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment